Our major client based in Cambridgeshire is looking for an experienced SQL Database Administrator to take on responsibility for the implementation and support of our clients Server installations as well as supporting other SQL Server instances within the organisation.
The duties are as follows:
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
- Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources are allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
- To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL servers/ databases.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include roll-out and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
- In addition the company will be looking to you to help them move forwards with regards to the platform.
It is expected that you will have at least 4 years recent experience working as a SQL DBA within an ITIL environment, with sound skills and experience of SSIS and SSRS. In addition, you will have good experience of the following:
- Significant Microsoft SQL Server experience across all versions.
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices with relevant operational experience.
- Excellent experience of performance monitoring and tuning SQL services.
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Experience working in a Global team across multiple time zones.
- Experience of working in a secure environment.