Our major HPC Solutions client are looking for an experienced HPC Systems Engineer to join their expanding International Company based in Hertfordshire.
The role is a deeply technical role that spans system administration right through to benchmarking and application optimisation - and everything in between. You will deliver the full portfolio of our clients HPC products and services, and will be contribute towards all aspects of HPC business generation within the region, addressing both new and existing customer opportunities. You will be responsible for maintaining existing in house HPC infrastructure and growing this over time and customising internals systems for customer needs. You will be responsible for certain product ranges and will be required to work with marketing and sales in bringing these products to market. This will include putting together web material, spec sheets, promotional material and writing blogs on their blog site.
It is expected that you will have the majority of the following skills :
- Experience in scientific computing
- Data mining / Hadoop experience or understanding of concepts
- HPC cluster experience (setup or use)
- MPI programming and understanding
- Understanding of GPU and accelerator technologies
- Experience in alternative low power architectures such as ARM
- Shell scripting - bash, perl or python or any combination
- C/C++ - not necessary of coding but able to compile / build open source applications / libraries. A few open source examples: VASP, OpenFOAM etc.
- Exposure to MPI (message passing interface) codes and libraries
- Experience in managing servers remotely
- Experience of Linux Cluster Management (ie: Rocks/IBM Platform or Bright)
- Experience of managing high volumes of servers
- Experience with network base provisioning tool such as Puppet, cobbler, kickstart, preseed etc.???
Please note; not all these skills are expected in the candidate and full training will be provided to ensure the candidate becomes an expert in the HPC field.
Due to the number of applications we can only respond to candidates matching the above criteria.