Our international client based in Cambridge is looking for an experienced IT Support Technician (1st / 2nd line) to join their expanding team to provide user support at one of their many sites.
You will be responsible for all aspects of 1st and 2nd line support to a user base of c200 users. As part of IT Services department the primary objective of this role is to deliver a high quality user support service and contribute to Group IT implementation projects. Technicians are expected to focus circa 85% of their time on support functions and circa 15% on project activities, although these percentages will vary according to the needs of the user support service, and the current project/support workload mix.
Technicians will typically operate as part of the larger team and will be expected to operate independently for level 1 support calls and BAU activities within the support service. Technicians will be technically self-sufficient with a broad base level of knowledge across many technology fields and provide 1st and 2nd line support functions for routine support issues.
Provide high quality technical support to users across a broad range of technologies.
- Monitor, prioritise and resolve support calls and service requests, liaising directly with users as required.
- Escalate issues as appropriate to senior IT staff and/or Technical Architects.
- Develop technical skills in appropriate technologies.
- Provide out of hours support (if necessary) on a routine rota basis, to cover non-UK time zones and users.
- Provide out of hours’ emergency response (possibly at short notice) in the event of major system outages.
- Monitor, prioritise and resolve the incoming support calls from staff, liaising with IT colleagues and other staff as required.
- Complete regular IT "Business as usual" (BAU) operations and checks such as backups and status checks, printer operations, and other reactive or proactive support and maintenance tasks necessary to ensure stability, security and performance of the infrastructure.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained to the highest standard.
- Ensure the digital security and safety of staff, students, systems and data at all times.
It is expected that you will have the following experience :
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience supporting a wide range of IT systems.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in supporting a diverse and demanding user base.
- Some experience or exposure with Microsoft server products, IP (including DHCP, DNS), LANS, Fortigate, HP Switches, firewall and WAN technologies.
- Some experience or exposure to user problem solving for some of IIS, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Lync (OCS), Citrix or Terminal Services, EVault backup).
- 1-3 years’ experience of support for user desktop technologies.
- Some system scripting skills and remote server monitoring (PRTG) experience.
- 1-3 years’ hands-on experience with Dell hardware - laptops, desktop, servers and storage systems.
- Some experience of using apple products (iMac, iPads, iOS devices) in a corporate environment.
- Experience of working in project teams.
Due to the number of applications we can only respond to candidates matching the above criteria