IT Company requires a Technical Support Specialist to provide High Level Support on customer environment and a range of supported Applications, particularly ERP / WMS and associated products. You will work alongside the Support Desk, as the key point of escalation for any in-depth technical issues remotely, as well as providing support on client sites (1-2 days a week), resolving technical issues and dealing with any customer problems in a face to face capacity. This will be for their customer base across the UK.
To apply, you must have strong communication skills, good technical abilities and a “can-do” attitude in order to fit in to this growing business. Technical strengths will include Windows Desktop and Servers, Networking, SQL Server Databases and strong knowledge of at least one Tier 1 or Tier 2 ERP application. You will also have experience of Cloud-based technologies. Experience of Payroll / WMS Technologies, EDI, APS, XML and VB Scripting would be beneficial.
The role of Technical Support Specialist involves the following key duties:
* Resolution of escalated (3rd Line) issues
* Provision of Support on client site as required, often at last minute
* Provide back-up and advanced support to the Service Desk as required
* Analyse issues and spot trends in order to resolve technical issues before they arise (proactive support)
Although full training will be provided on the company product range, in order to apply you must have the following key skills and attributes:
* Strong Windows Desktop and Server experience, along with SQL Server skills and understanding of Cloud technologies
* Good knowledge of at least 1 ERP application – support and administration
* Knowledge of tools such as VB Script, XML/XSL or EDI would be advantageous
* Excellent client-facing skills and good communication skills (written and oral)
* Ability to work within pressurised environment MUST have a full driving licence.
The company offers an excellent career development plan and an interesting and challenging work environment – a fantastic next step in your career!
Salary: to £38,000 + Car Allowance