Global business requires a Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Architect who will play a pivotal technical role to enable the organisation to deliver Strategic IT Aims whilst ensuring BAU network & systems operations are maintained and continually reviewed and improved. Reporting to the Head of Global Support, this role forms an integral part of the Technical Architect team and will provide day to day team and technical leadership.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to work closely with key Stakeholders across the Business to design and create innovative network and systems solutions that are aligned with the Global IT Strategic Plan, as well as support critical business system applications while leveraging new and emerging technology.
You need to be comfortable working in a team environment and ideally have team leading experience and you must be able to communicate highly technical information to a non-technical audience. You should be able to work collaboratively in an open environment and be willing to adapt to project specific requirements, while maintaining sight of the overall business need and strategic objective to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects.
The individual will define the architectural vision for the business and have a view of the "big picture". It is essential that you are able to articulate this vision, evolving it when necessary, responding to changes (business or technical) and taking responsibility for ensuring that the strategic vision is delivered successfully.
To apply, you must have the following skills & experience:
- Proven experience providing support for and designing innovative infrastructure solutions to problems using the latest technologies and platforms
- Strong knowledge of delivering cloud based technological solutions
- Expertise supporting multiple Microsoft software platforms including MS Office, Active Directory, Group Policy, Outlook\Exchange and Lync, Office 365
- Experience of designing, configuring and supporting core networking infrastructure such as WIFI, HP and Cisco switches and routers
- Strong information security knowledge
- Good understanding of IT Architectural principles, process and governance
- Experience of writing design documentation with UML, MOSCOW, TOGAF or similar architecture frameworks
The organisation is embarking in a major transformation over the next 2-3 years and as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Architect, you will help ensure that the business goals are met and exceeded through the deployment of leading technology solutions. Will look great on your CV!